We are now offering telehealth visits for your convenience.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY AND INFORMED
Last Updated: Thursday, April 2, 2020
- We are offering telehealth visits to all patients with existing appointments and new patients. Call or text 910.7945355 for your telehealth appointment. Click here for instructions on how to enable your telehealth visit https://summitcares4u.com/blog/telehealth-instructions/.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you stay at home and rest. If you are having symptoms DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. Expect a call from our concierge team before you come to help you with any questions/new information. They will ask you about recent travel, fever, cough or shortness of breath, biologic or immunosuppressive medication.
- Please text/call for a telehealth call from one of our providers if you need to reschedule. This is a great option especially if you have an area of concern.
- If you have had contact with someone diagnosed or having symptoms do not come to the office.
- Unless you are a surgical patient, we are requesting that patients on biologics not come into the office unless there is an emergency. If you are a biologics patient with a question, please use your portal to reach your provider or call/text the office at (910) 794-5355. Follow this protocol until the threat is gone.
- Should you be experiencing cough and/or fever, contact your doctor. Be sure to call your doctor BEFORE you visit his/her office.
- At this time, we will not charge you $50 for cancelling within 24 hours.
- Upon entering our clinic prior to your appointment, please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water. We also have hand sanitizer available at our check-in desks and soap and water in the bathrooms.
- Accompanying family/friends/drivers are asked to wait in the car.
- You will be screened by our staff upon entering. We will take your temperature with an infrared laser forehead thermometer. At some offices, we may have a valet service.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Do not hug or shake hands. Smiling faces are welcome.
- Any person, employee, or patient who has visited a level 2 or 3 country or “hotspots’ within the United States are asked not to visit the clinic.
- If you have flown on a plane or cruised in the past two weeks, please call and reschedule your appointment to a later date. You may request a telemedicine appointment for a future date if needed.
- Make sure that you use your patient portal for communicating with our staff or to see your biopsy results. If you need portal log in information text us at 910.794.5355.
- Remember you can text us for more information. Make sure that we have your current email address and cell phone number. Check SummitCares4U.com for the latest information.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU HEALTHY
- Surgical patients who are confirmed travelers, have had a fever, shortness of breath or cough will be asked to reschedule any appointment for 1 month or offered a telemedicine appointment.
- Patients that are immunosuppressed, on a biologic, or with a history of chronic lung disease will be screened by Dr. Sica on a case by case basis.
- Please use your portal to reach your provider or call/text the office at (910) 794-5355.
- Controlled diabetics patients with no additional risk factors, can be scheduled.
- We have excellent facility cleaning protocols in place including full time day staff and an evening crew assuring that our clinic and operating facility is at the highest cleanliness standards. Our staff will be wiping down the front door handles and bathrooms several times and day.
- We are suspending temporarily the use of the iPad/kiosk check in. We respectfully ask you to bring a pen if you need to fill out paperwork.
- All our employees are being screened before entering the clinic area.
We offer several ways to communicate with our staff. These include patient portals, texting and email messaging to get you the latest information.
Please Reach Out to Us if You Have Any Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here for you! You can call or text us at (910) 794-5355. Please remember that if we have not received a text from you prior, you will be asked to type “consent” before we can text you back. Our community has a history of coming together during trying times like this and we don’t expect this to be any different.